I am a post-doctoral researcher at the Natural Language Understanding (NLU) lab of the Idiap Research Institute, lead by James Henderson. Before then, I was a research assistance at TU Vienna, where I pursued my master and PhD.
My research explores deep learning methods, applied in Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval, and Computational Social Science. I am curious about the position and impact of these methods in real-world challenges.
Areas of interest:
- Deep Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Information Retrieval
- Interpretability, Bias, Fairness
- Computational Social Science
- 01/2019 I'll give a talk as a keynote speaker of the Representation Learning workshop at University Lyon 2 about Representation Leanring in IR
- 12/2018 Our paper "Enriching Word Embeddings for Patent Retrieval with Global Context" accepted at ECIR 2019
- 12/2018 Giving the lecture "Neural Network Approaches to Representation Learning for NLP" at EPFL as a part of the "Introduction to NLP" course (slides)
- 12/2018 Giving a talk on "Bias in NLP" at wearedevelopers AI Congress Vienna (slides)